Home / More Identity Theft Resources

More Identity Theft Resources





Fraud Victim Division

P.O. Box 6790

Fullerton, CA 92834-6790




P.O. Box 740241

Atlanta, GA 30374-0241


1-888-EXPERIAN (397-3742)


P.O. Box 9532

Allen, TX 75013

Annual Credit Report

U.S. law entitles you to a free credit report from each bureau annually. To get yours, visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call 1-877-322-8228.

Check Verification Services

TeleCheck 1-800-366-2425

Certegy Check 1-800-770-3792

Global Payments 1-866-850-9061

ChexSystems 1-800-428-9623

CrossCheck 1-800-552-1900

Shared Check Authorization Network 1-800-262-7771

National Check Fraud Service 1-843-571-2143


Bank of America

To report fraudulent transactions, call 1-800-427-2449. To report lost or stolen ATM or check cards, call 1-800-848-6090. To report lost or stolen credit cards, call 1-800-732-9194.


To report fraudulent charges on your Chase credit card, call 1-800-436-7927. To report fraud to your Chase Deposit account, call 1-800-935-9935.


To report lost or stolen Citi cards, call 1-800-950-5114.

Wells Fargo

To report fraudulent activity on your account, call 1-800-869-3557. To report lost or stolen checks and debit/ATM cards, call 1-800-642-4720. To report lost or stolen credit cards, call 1-800-642-4720.

Protect Your Privacy

To remove your name from pre-approved credit card and insurance mailing lists, visit www.optoutprescreen.com

Reduce your number of phone calls from telemarketers by calling 1-888-382-1222 or www.donotcall.gov

Learn more about protecting your online privacy & identity by visiting www.privacybytes.com


Federal Trade Commission


To file a complaint, visit www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov or call 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338).

State Attorney General

Find your state Attorney General at www.naag.org.

Social Security Administration

The SSA will not take reports of lost or stolen Social Security cards, unless you believe someone else is using it to apply for employment. The SSA will very rarely issue a replacement SSN. If you need to replace a missing card, visit www.ssa.gov to find your local office.

U.S. Postal Service


To report missing mail, or if you suspect that an identity thief has submitted a change of address form in your name, contact USPS customer service at 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777).

U.S. Department of State

To report a lost or stolen passport, call 1-877-487-2778. Visit www.travel.state.gov to find a local office near you to apply for a new or replacement passport.


Identity Theft Resource Center


The Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC) is a nonprofit, nationally respected organization dedicated exclusively to the understanding and prevention of identity theft. The ITRC provides consumer and victim support as well as public education.

Internet Crime Complaint Center


If you think you are a victim of a cyber crime, visit the Internet Crime Complaint Center. The IC3 gives the victims of cyber crime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities, including the FBI, of suspected criminal or civil violations.

Identity Theft 911


Identity Theft 911 publishes an extensive online Identity Theft Knowledge Center. It includes recent threat alerts, fraud research, and white papers.

Identity Theft Assistance Center


The Identity Theft Assistance Center (ITAC) helps consumers through identity theft victim assistance and shares knowledge with consumers to help prevent identity theft.

National Crime Prevention Center


The National Crime Prevention Center (NCPC) has produced a booklet in PDF format discussing identity theft.

Privacy Rights Clearinghouse


This nonprofit consumer information and advocacy organization offers ways to protect your privacy and prevent identity theft.

U.S. Department of Justice


The U.S. Department of Justice (USDOJ) discusses identity theft and identity fraud, and what they are doing to stop the widespread crime.